The Objectives of the Three Seas Initiative in 2022:
- Economic growth and resilience of the 3SI region. The primary goal of the Initiative is to boost economic growth and resilience of the region by developing transport, energy and digital infrastructure. 3SI reveals the region’s leapfrogging capacity that creates investment opportunities and possibilities to enhance sustainable and secure national and regional connectivity as well as gives impetus for the development of connections outside the region, and therefore makes Europe more competitive as a whole. Moreover, modernization of the existing, and creation of new infrastructure networks is not just essential to business success, it is a driver for socio-economic development.
- Geopolitics. In the context of current extremely violent geopolitical situation, it is crucial to have a platform for cooperation with a clear vision and aim to develop practical linkages among the nations located between the Adriatic, Baltic and Black Seas that complement EU goals, reinforce the overall resilience of the region and strengthen the transatlantic link.
- Greater interest among investors. The countries in the Three Seas Initiative have stood out for many years for their above-the-average rates of economic growth. By working together and pursuing similar policies, the Three Seas countries make the region more attractive on the global financial market.
- Energy security and the diversification of routes and sources of energy supply across the region, combined with transition to alternative energy and the creation of sustainable and resilient energy infrastructure is a high priority in the current geopolitical and economic environment.
- Reliable, sustainable and inclusive connectivity. Where new investments are concerned, the aim is to make the most of the region’s experience and its potential for applying digital solutions. This goes beyond the development of digital infrastructure, and encompasses the creation of smart solutions for data exchange and a more efficient and secure use of connectivity networks in the transport, energy and digital sectors.
Cooperation between the Three Seas countries and their partners will result in a stronger, more united and more internationally competitive Europe.Three Seas Summit, Sofia 2021