Three Seas Summit and Business Forum
Full agenda for Three Seas Summit and Business Forum in Riga will be released shortly.
Thursday, July 8
Мoderator: Ilia Lingorski, Chief Economist at the Bulgarian National Bank
Presidents' Panel at the Three Seas Initiative Business Forum
Kristalina Georgieva Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund
Main Topic: Connectivity for transition to sustainability
Key deliverables: Carbon neutral energy systems of the future will require increased energy efficiency, renewable energy and nuclear power, as well as natural gas as a transition and main fuel for balancing purposes. Repurposing of the existing gas infrastructure will be needed for the widespread use of low-carbon hydrogen.
Moderator: Kostadin Sirleshtov, CMS Managing Partner, CEE Head of Energy & Climate Change, Bulgaria
* * *
Panel: Natural gas as a transition fuel – the infrastructure priorities for the region
Natural gas should be recognized as an important transition fuel for the carbon neutral future. Interconnectivity is an essential element of security of supply and diversification, and further investment in interconnecting infrastructure should be considered.
* * *
Between panels: Presentation of Overgas / Linden Energy
* * *
Panel: Renewables as a driver for infrastructure development; the priorities for the region
Renewable energy development is a driver for infrastructure development (new grids, new storage capacities, new interconnectors).
* * *
Between panels: Presentation of the Sustainable future for Maritsa East Complex
* * *
Panel: The case for nuclear in the region – a joint inter-governmental effort
Most of the individual efforts of the countries of the region to build new nuclear capacities are likely to fail without a regional effort. Role of Governments in the development of nuclear energy is key and so are the joint efforts in our region.
Main topic: Discussion on connecting the innovation ecosystems in the Region, joining capacities and linking the local research and RegTech initiatives and efforts.
Key Deliverables: Innovation efforts of the countries in the region would greatly benefit of more coordinated way of cooperation and joint utilization of the countries assets – both as investment vehicles, R&D hubs, human capital and RegTech cooperation.
The panel will explore how such a cooperation could be practically undertaken, which of the 3Seas countries would be interested to participate in the follow-up and provide it for continuation at the next meeting of the 3Seas Initiative.
Moderator: Filip Genov, Managing Director, SophiaLab, Bulgaria
Michal Kanownik President of the Board of Digital Poland Association (Poland)
Side Event: Meeting of the 3SI Investment Promotion Agencies
Roundtable Discussion: Investment Agencies: Drivers of mutual success for investors and Governments
Moderator: Mr. Bostjan Skalar, Executive director, WAIPA, Switzerland
Panel 1: The role of Investments Promotion Agencies in 3SII projects
• Key functions that could be covered and performed by IPAs in 3SII projects, Stamen Yanev, Kaspars Rožkalns, Director of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia and representatives from the other IPAs;
• Possibility for cooperation among IPAs in multilateral and cross-border projects, Stamen Yanev, Krzysztof Drynda, President of the Management Board of Polish Investment and Trade Agency (Paih) and representatives from the other IPAs;
• Potential for collaboration with the 3SIIFund and Amber Infrastructure, Joe Philipsz, Head of 3SIIF Investments (Amber Infrastructure);
• The potential impact of EU State Aid policies on 3SII projects, Celine Chazelas-Baur and Lea Zuber, Directorate General for Competition, European Commission;
• Compatibility and coherence between the EU Projects of Common Interest (PCI) and 3SII projects - Celine Chazelas-Baur and Lea Zuber, Directorate General for Competition, European Commission.
Panel 2: Spreading cooperation
• Creating network among the IPAs and 3SIIFund;
• Possibility for utilization and integration with 3SII projects database;
• Adoption of declaration for cooperation
Side Event: Google Impact Challenge winners announcement
Evolution of the stock exchanges and institutional support to innovators
• Assoc. Prof. Manyu Moravenov, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Bulgarian Stock Exchange
• Vladimir Danailov, Executive Director, Member of the Management Board, Fund Manager of Financial Instruments in Bulgaria
• Dr. Marek Dietl, President of the Warsaw Stock Exchange
Friday, July 9
Side Event: Meeting of the 3SI Research & Innovation Agencies
Main topic: Aligning priorities for developing successful research & policymaking initiatives for stronger and more cooperating regional innovation ecosystems
Host: Martin Danovski, Chairman, State Agency Research and Innovation, Bulgaria
Moderator: Teodor Sedlarski, PhD,
Professor in Economics at Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski
Participants - Representatives of the 3SI Organizations working in the field of research & innovation
Robert Repnik, Director of the Slovenian Research Agency, Slovenia
Irena Martinović-Klarić, Ph.D., Executive director of the Croatian Science Foundation, Croatia
Agnieszka Ratajczak, Director, Office of International Cooperation, National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR), Poland
Mark Arunas, Project Manager, Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology, Lithuania
Meelis Kitsing, Rector of Estonian Business School, Estonia
Artur Bobovnický, Director Innovations and International Affairs, Slovak Innovation and Energy Agency
Zoltán Birkner, President of the National Research, Development and
Innovation Office, Hungary
Presentations of good practices and
existing models for developing research and innovation
Discussion „Common priorities with potential opportunities for cooperation”
Conclusion - A Joint Statement of the commitment of all research and innovation interested parties to develop an exemplary network for practical efforts on the initiatives of common interest.
Panel 3SIIF & Investing in Infrastructure for Inclusive Growth
Keynote by:Mr. Ian Brzezinski, Senior Fellow, The Atlantic Council, Washington, D.C., USA
Beata Daszynska-Muzyczka President of the Polish State Development Bank (BGK) and Chairperson of the Supervisory Board of the Three Seas Initiative Investment Fund
Joe Phillipsz Head of Three Seas Investment Fund Investments, Amber Infrastructure Group Ltd.
Side Event: Meeting of the 3SI Chambers of Commerce and Industry
discussion: Role of the Chambers of Commerce and Industry and companies from energy,
transport and digitalization sectors in the Three Seas Initiative
Moderator: Mr. Krasen Stanchev, Sofia University, the Institute for Market Economics
Tsvetan Simeonov, President of BCCI, Bulgaria
Transport: Olga Wassilewska,
CEO, MW LOGISTICA OOD, Bulgaria
Aigars Rostovskis, Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Latvia
Rimas Varkulevičius, Association of Lithuania Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Crafts, Lithuania
Mihai Daraban, CCI of Romania (video message)
Eleonora Ivanova, Bulgarian – Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Tim Kurth, President of the German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Aurubis Bulgaria
Ulrike Straka, Austrian Federal Chamber, Advantage Austria, Austria
Ivan Barbaric, Croatian Chamber of Economy, Croatia
Radek Jakubský, Czech Chamber of Commerce
László Bódi, Hungarian
Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hungary
Rossen Tkatchenko, Hungarian-Bulgarian CCI
Main topic: Digital mobility
Key deliverables: Digitalizing Europe's railways. The role of aviation in multimodal connectivity for passengers and freight. Maritime ports and transport megahubs: gateways for multimodality. Synchromodality and the future of transport and logistics value chain integration. The challenges of cross-border transport infrastructure development.
Main focus: Enhancing multimodal connectivity for people and freight in the digital era: physical, digital and commercial prerequisites
Briškens, Head of Strategy & Development at the Rail
·Stefano Maio, Business Development Manager, Balkans, Bechtel Civil Infrastructure, USA
·Marcin Horała, Government Plenipotentiary for the Solidarity Transport Hub, Poland
·Iavor Pantaleev, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bulgarian National Freight Forwarding Association
·Dimitrij Zadel, President of the Management Board of the Port of Koper, Slovenia (tbc)·Ivet Vidinova, Director Business · development Dronamics
·Martin Gauss, CEO of AirBaltic, Latvia (video message)
Main topic: Build Smart Infrastructure is a Key for Economic growth of the Region
• Digitalization of Infrastructure аcross the Sectors for the Industry 4.0;
• Public Cloud is Key Enabler for Smart Infrastructure Services;
• Access to Open Data is a Crucial Component for Infrastructure of Tomorrow.
Moderator: Petar T. Ivanov, CEO, American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria
Assen Vassilev, Minister of Finance, Bulgaria
· Isabella Groegor -Cechowicz, Vice-President, Sales PS, EMEA, Amazon Web Services, USA,
· Magdalena Dziewguc, Country Manager, Google Cloud Polska, USA,
· Artur Chmielewski, Head of Business development, IS-Wireless, Poland,
· Michal Potoczek, OChK, National Cloud Operator of Poland,
· Razvan Atim, General Manager Eastern Europe, UiPath, Romania,
· Raycho Raychev, CEO and Founder, EnduroSat, Bulgaria ,
· Madis Sassiad, Board Member, GoSwift, Estonia.
• Margrethe Vestager, Executive Vice-President, European Commission